When planning your San Juan River flyfishing trip, many questions can arise: Which section of the river should I fish? What is the best time of year to come? What gear should I bring? How much does it cost?
At Float 'N Fish, we are here to answer your questions. Simply pick up the phone or send us an email and one of our expert staff members will be glad to assist you in your New Mexico flyfishing vacation planning.
We offer a few variations of wade & float trips that cover over 15-miles of the San Juan River:
- Upper Quality Waters, the majority of trips take place here, focusing on technical nymphing while mixing in dries and streamers depending on weather and time of year. (3.5 miles)
- Cottonwood Campground, a great place for beginners to get their feet wet; it has thousands of eager fish per mile with faster moving water. (3 miles)
- Lower San Juan, this is the place to go when you're ready to up your game to throw streamers for some of the San Juan River's biggest and meanest brown trout. (9 miles)
Each portion of the river has unique attributes that suit different styles of flyfishing; your guide will match your ability and requests to these areas as river flows
Our standard Guided Fly Fishing Trips for 2018 are priced at $395.00 for full day trips for 1 or 2 anglers and include the following:
- Rental Equipment ( if needed )
- Shuttles to and from the river
- Lunch with non-alcoholic beverages
- Flies for the day
NOT included on our guided fishing trips are:
- Valid New Mexico Fishing License
- Basic terminal tackle aside from flies
- Personal items needed for the day
While we often discourage it, we can in some cases allow a third person on a guided trips for an additional fee of $100.00 per day. We also offer a half day guide trip rate; call us for details.